Anthony William JACKSON
AKA Tony JACKSON, Jacko, TJ
Late of Blakehurst, NSW
Relation in ‘the job’: Son of Retired Inspector Russell JACKSON, NSWPF # ???? ( Traffic & IA )
Nephew to Bill CONNORS ( William CONNORS ), NSWPF # 14783
“other possible” relation in ‘the job’: ?
NSW Police Training Centre – Redfern – Class # 156
New South Wales Police Force
Regd. # 17677
Rank: Commenced Training at Redfern Police Academy on Monday 4 July 1977 ( aged 23 years, 11 months, 10 days )
Probationary Constable- appointed Monday 12 September 1977 ( aged 24 years, 1 month, 19 days )
Constable – appointed 12 September 1978
Constable 1st Class – appointed ? ? ?
Detective – appointed ? October 1984 ( YES )
Senior Constable – appointed ? ? ?
Leading Senior Constable – appointed ? ? ? ( N/A )
Sergeant 3rd Class – appointed ? ? ?
Sergeant 2nd Class – appointed ? ? ?
Final Rank: = Detective Sergeant
Stations: ?, Maroubra GDs, Randwick GDs, ?, Hurstville Dets ( 1981 – 1984 ), Motor Squad, South West Region Crime Squad ( Homicide ), State Crime Command – Robbery & Serious Crime Squad – Retirement
Service: From 4 July 1977 to 5 March 2004 = 26 years, 8 months, 1 day Service
Retirement / Leaving age: = 50 years, 7 months, 10 days
Time in Retirement from Police: 18 years, 6 months, 23 days
Awards: National Medal – granted 22 July 1993 ( Det Sgt )
Born: Friday 24 July 1953
Died on: Tuesday 27 September 2022
Age: 69 years, 2 months, 3 days
Organ Donor: Y / N / ?
Cause: Cancer ( type = ? )
Event location: Calvary Hospice, Rockdale, NSW
Event date: Diagnosed ? ? ?
Funeral date: Thursday 20 October 2022 @ 11.45am
Funeral location: ( Chapel – The Lodge ) Woronora Cemetery, Linden St, Sutherland, NSW
A Police Guard of Honour will attend from Sutherland PAC
LIVE STREAM PIN: TBA Email: TBA
Wake location: St George Motor Boat Club from 1pm
Wake date: Thursday 20 October 2022
( Due to current Govt. restrictions on ‘Gatherings’ due to Corona19 Virus Pandemic, some families may wish to have a Memorial Service / Wake with friends and family at a later date )
Funeral Parlour: ?
Buried at: ?
Memorial / Plaque / Monument located at: ?
Dedication date of Memorial / Plaque / Monument: Nil – at this time ( September 2022 )
JACKO is NOT mentioned on the Police Wall of Remembrance *NEED MORE INFO
FURTHER INFORMATION IS NEEDED ABOUT THIS PERSON, THEIR LIFE, THEIR CAREER AND THEIR DEATH.
PLEASE SEND PHOTOS AND INFORMATION TO Cal
May they forever Rest In Peace
- Passed on 28/09/2022 at Calvary Rockdale Hospice.
- In recent years Tony had an eye removed that had melanoma cancer and had undertaken continued treatments until a month or so ago but cancer had spread further.
- Throughout his illness Tony was always positive and an inspiration to family and friends.
- qualified Electrician – longtime and always resident of St George area
- 1977 – 81 GDs No. 15 Div
- Early – mid 80’s CI Duty No. 1, 15, 12 & 31 Div
- Oct, 1984 designated Detective
- Thence CIB Motor Squad and Region SW Homicide Squad
- Early 2000’s retired from VMO (Violent & Major Offenders), Crime Agencies
- Son of retired Inspector Russell Jackson ( Traffic and IA ) and June ( both aged 94 )
- Loved father of daughters Melissa and Nikki.
Nothing further, than what is recorded above, is known about this person at the time of publication and further information and photos would be appreciated.