Missing Persons – Have you seen these people?
Crime Prevention Officers (CPO’s) liaise with the community and oversight and implement key operational programs and projects.
A CPO has been appointed to work on community safety in each of the Police Force’s 80 Local Area Commands (LAC).
These officers provide a mechanism to link community consultation and program development to operational deployment and strategic direction in LAC’s. CPO’s carry out a range of tasks which include:
- conducting environmental scans (including community safety audits),
- assisting Local Area Commanders to oversight and implement key operational policing and projects,
- working with other police liaison officers, eg: Domestic Violence Liaison Officers, Ethnic Liaison Officers, Gay and Lesbian Liaison Officers,
- coordinating Volunteers in Policing to work on a range of projects,
- developing partnerships with the community,
- liaising with other government and non-government agencies, eg: local councils.