Deputy Commissioner – Support
Deputy Commissioner Andrew Scipione
Deputy Commissioner Andrew Scipione joined the NSW Police in 1980, and now at 43 years of age has held some very important positions within the NSW Police – Previous positions held:
- Seconded to the National Crime Authority in 1985
- Bankstown detectives
- Special Gaming Squad
- Hurstville and inner city general duties
- Joined Australian Bureau of Customs 1978
- Commander, Special Crime & Internal Affairs – 2001
- Chief of Staff to Police Commissioner Peter Ryan – 1998
- Commander of the Special Technical Investigation Branch, formerly known as the Joint Technical Services Group (JTSG) – 1995
- Operations Controller of the Joint Technical Services Group (JTSG) – 1992
Support command provides the expertise necessary to compliment a comprehensive and professional local police service.
Teams of experts in their fields are available to support local police across the state and provide extra assistance when required.
Whether it be media advice, radio communications, education services, the NSW Police have the best in the business.
They report directly to the Deputy Commissioner Andrew Scipione, Support.