- Licences will be issued for a period of 1 or 5 years unless suspended or revoked (eg. if the conditions of a licence are not satisfied or the licensee is convicted of a prescribed offence).
- Licences are not automatically renewed. At the expiration of a licence, applicants must reapply and provide all supporting documentation.
- All licences are subject to conditions (eg. training, membership of approved Industry Organization etc). It is the responsibility of licensees to be familiar with and comply with all conditions.
- Master licences will be certificate style, paper licences issued by the Security Industry Registry.
- Class 1 and 2 licences will be photograph licences, approved by the Security Industry Registry and issued from the Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA). Licensees must wear these licences unless the Commissioner grants an exemption.
- Licence application forms are available to new applicants from the Security Industry Registry or the Police Force web site.
- Licence fees must accompany all applications. Unsuccessful applications will incur a non-refundable processing fee of $50.