Assistant Commissioner Bob Waites
- Over 36 years of service
- Master of Public Policy & Administration, Charles Sturt University
- Bachelor of Arts (Criminal Justice), Charles Sturt University
- Associate Diploma in Justice Administration, Mitchell College of Advanced Education
- Certificate in Public Sector Management, University of Wollongong
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Management, Macquarie University School of Business Studies
- Diploma of Company Directorship
- Certificate in Policing Studies, FBI National Academy & University of Virginia
Since joining the NSW Police as a cadet in 1966, Bob Waites has gained operational experience in areas such as investigations, rescue and general duties across the metropolitan area.
During his career, he served as the commander at Redfern, Campbelltown, Blacktown, Eastern Suburbs, Northern Beaches and Brisbane Waters LAC’s, and region commander at North Metropolitan.
In 1982 he was commended for his outstanding courage during the rescue of a boy who fell down a borehole at Palmdale. He was also recognised by the Royal Humane Society as a result of the same incident.
Assistant Commissioner Waites was awarded the National Medal in 1986 and the First Clasp in 1993. He served on the executive of the Police Association, the Commissioned Police Officer’s Association and on the board of Police Legacy.
Assistant Commissioner Waites now serves on the board of Crime Stoppers.