Australian Police

Australian Police

The Thin Blue Line – Australian Police

License Class 1-2 Apply


Current licence holders

Current licence holders will be sent a courtesy reminder letter and application form approximately 8 to 10 weeks prior to the expiry of their licence. Licensees must advise the Security Industry Registry of any change of address within 14 days of moving. This also ensures that all documentation is sent to the correct address.
NOTE: It is your responsibility to ensure that an application is submitted in sufficient time to allow processing prior to the expiry of your licence.
New Applicants And Current Licence Holders

To apply for a licence you must:

  • Obtain and complete an “Application for a Class 1 and/or Class 2 Security Licence” (P601 form). Applications are available from the Security Industry Registry or the Police Force Web site.
  • Identify the class, category and term of the licence/s you wish to apply for.
  • Provide proof of your qualifications.
  • Provide two written references. (The references should be from an individual that knows you personally and confirms that you are of proper and fit character to work within the security industry).
  • Former interstate or overseas police officers must include a certificate of satisfactory service and honourable discharge with the application form. (All applications from current and former police officers of any jurisdiction must be referred to Internal Affairs Branch for assessment).
  • Overseas visitors must supply a certified copy of the relevant pages of the passport showing personal details and a valid work visa label.
  • Include payment of the full licence fee, either by cheque, money order or credit card (Bankcard, Visa or MasterCard) to the Security Industry Registry. (NB. The Registry does not have counter facilities. All applications must be sent by mail. Faxed or e-mail applications will not be accepted).
  • Post your application
  • When your application is approved a “Photograph Advice” will be sent to you by mail. You may then go to any RTA office or agency in New South Wales, where your photo licence will be issued.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *