License Class 1-2
Class 1 Licence
Class 1 Licences are required for any person performing static, mobile, crowd control and general guarding services.
- Licensees must be employed by the holder of a Master Licence.
Class 1 Licences have been divided into three categories:
- Class 1A – Authorises the licensee to patrol, guard, watch or protect property (including the guarding of cash in transit) or to carry on such other activities as may be prescribed by the regulations.
- Class 1B – Authorises the licensee to Act as a bodyguard.
- Class 1C – Authorises the licensee to Act as a crowd controller or bouncer.
Class 2 Licence
Class 2 licences are required for persons engaged in the service and technical support areas of the Security Industry.
Licensees must be employed by the holder of a Master Licence. Class 2 licences have been divided into four categories:
- Class 2A – Authorises the licensee to Act as a security consultant.
- Class 2B – Authorises the licensee to sell, carry out surveys, inspections and give advice about security equipment.
- Class 2C – Authorises the licensee to install, repair, service or maintain security equipment (eg. locksmiths, alarm installers).
- Class 2D – Authorises the licensee to provide formal training / assessment and instruction in relation to any security activity.
(NOT INCLUDING FIREARMS AND DANGEROUS WEAPONS)