Australian Police

Australian Police

The Thin Blue Line – Australian Police

2018ArticlesCancerCauseDeceased PoliceFormer PoliceFuneralGenderGPSIllnessIncompleteLeukaemiaLocationMaleNoNSWOf Church servicePhotosStateWall of RemembranceYear

George Juris KAINS


George Juris KAINS 

Late of Georges Hall

Father to Lisa May KAINS NSWPF ( R.I.P. )

Father to Peter KAINS – Resigned NSWPF ( now Fire & Rescue NSW )

NSW Redfern Police Academy Class # 121

New South Wales Police Force

[alert_yellow]Regd. #  13923[/alert_yellow]

Uniform # 3585

Rank:  Probationary Constable – appointed 8 December 1969

Senior Constable – appointed 8 December 1978

Sergeant 3rd Class – appointed 15 October 1985

Final Rank = Senior Sergeant

Stations?, General Duties, Highway Patrol, South West Legal Services ( Prosecutor ) – Retirement

ServiceFrom  ? ? Pre Dec 1969?  to  ? ? 2003? = 34+ years Service

Awards:   National Medal – granted 10 September 1986

1st Clasp to National Medal – granted 8 November 1995

Born:   29 September 1949

Died on:   Wednesday  8 August 2018

Age:  69

Cause:   Cancer – Leukaemia

Event location:   ?

Event date:   ?

Funeral date:   Thursday  16 August 2018 @ 10.30am

Funeral location:   St Mary, Queen of Heaven, Catholic Church, Georges Crescent, GEORGES HALL

Wake location: Bankstown Sports Club

Funeral Parlour:  ?

Buried at:   ?

 Memorial located at:   ?


George Juris KAINS
34 years Service


[alert_yellow]GEORGE is NOT mentioned on the Police Wall of Remembrance[/alert_yellow]  *NEED MORE INFO



 Funeral location





May they forever Rest In Peace


Ted Collins – NSW Fallen Police FB Group  9 August 2018
With all due respect. I knew George as a police prosecutor at Bankstown.
I also did a prang when he was off duty, riding his motorcycle home. He got injured when a driver failed to give way. Later that driver pleaded not guilty. Another top prosecutor Bob King ever alert noticed that the driver sat awkwardly in the witness box. It was revealed that he the driver was blind in his right eye. George was granted money in third party claim and set up his own hire car business.
Rest in peace mate.
Rossco Wilson – NSW Fallen Police FB Group  9 August 2018
RIP George, your battle with cancer is over. You & Barb fought the good fight. I first Met George when he was a Police prosecutor at Bidura Children’s Court. He was a tough but fair prosecutor & woe betide the unprepared Constable at a hearing. My wife & Barb later met through a TAFE course unrelated to the police force & became good friends. George was a pussy cat out of the job but was & remains a good friend.

Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 – 1995), Saturday 23 July 1994, page 4

Man charged over missing teenager

SYDNEY: A man appeared in a Sydney court yesterday charged with sexual assault and kidnapping after police raided a property in Sydney’s west earlier in the day.

Police had found a 17 year-old girl who allegedly had been abducted as she walked home from school on Monday.

Vanna Chea, 23, of Hinchinbrook, was remanded m custody in Bankstown Local Court after being charged with kidnapping and four counts of sexual intercourse without consent.

He also was charged with breach of a personal violence order to stay away from the victim and her family, which was issued in Fairfield Court four weeks ago, on June 22.

The case was adjourned to Monday so a Cambodian interpreter could be found.

Police Prosecutor Sergeant George Kains said the sexual intercourse was alleged to have occurred between July 18 and yesterday.

Chea was an Australian resident, he said.


Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 – 1995), Friday 29 July 1988, page 4


Blood-stained clothes, rifle found near suspect’s house

SYDNEY: Blood-stained clothing and a sawn-off rifle were found near the house of a man charged with the murder of his flatmate, Burwood Local Court was told yesterday.

Mr Martin Kluska, 27, of Dalton Street, Dubbo, in western NSW, was charged with the murder of Mr Bruce Mannion, 37, with whom he had lived for 10 weeks at Dubbo. Mr Mannion was reported missing last Wednesday by his parents.

Police Prosecutor Sergeant George Kains told the court that Mr Kluska had assumed the identity of Mr Mannion since his disappearance, using his car and withdrawing money from his bank account.

Sergeant Kains said blood stained clothing and a sawn-off .22 rifle were found in the garage of the Dalton Street house.

He said what appeared to be two bullet holes were found in Mr Mannion’s car which Mr Kluska had been driving.

Mr Kluska’s girlfriend told police that the defendant had scrubbed out the boot of the car and dumped property at Centennial Park, the

court was told.

Since Mr Mannion’s disappearance Mr Kluska had withdrawn $12,000 from Mr Mannion’s bank account and had spent four nights at the Boulevarde Hotel with two women.

Mr Kluska also had placed a $2000 deposit on a car and attempted to use Mr Mannion’s car as security to buy a motorbike.

He was arrested yesterday when attempting to collect the $2000 deposit from a car yard on Parramatta Road at Burwood.

Public Solicitor Ms Dorothy Hughes, in a bail application, said the defendant strongly denied the allegations and had not breached previous bail conditions.

The court was told that Mr Kluska was on parole until 1996 after serving sentences for previous convictions involving kidnapping and breaking and entering offences.

Magistrate Derrick Hand refused bail and remanded Mr Kluska in custody to appear in Burwood Court on August 4.


Canberra Times (ACT : 1926 – 1995), Saturday 27 December 1986, page 6

Man killed mother: police

SYDNEY: A 22-year-old man who allegedly kicked and punched his mother to death was found asleep beside her body on Christmas morning, Waverley Local Court was told yesterday.

Mr Robert Craig Taylor, of Glebe, was charged with having murdered 45-year-old Mrs Barbara Taylor.

The prosecutor, Sergeant George Kains, said it was alleged that Mr Taylor had returned to the Glebe house with his girlfriend at 2.30am on Thursday after attending a Christmas party and attacked his mother after an argument with his girlfriend.

A Justice of the Peace, Mr Peter Scanlan, refused bail and adjourned the matter for mention to the Coroner’s Court on January 5.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *